We enjoy having this creamy and crunchy salad out on our deck on summer evenings. And it goes together in minutes flat! —Gail VanGundy, Parker, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon onto avocado halves. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 stuffed avocado: 326 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 654mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Crabmeat Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.