Peach preserves give Pamela Proctor's easy entree a mildly fruity flair. "This has been a hit ever since my neighbor gave me the recipe," says the Barlow, Ohio reader. "We use up the leftover ham in sandwiches, soups and omelets."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ham in a small foil-lined roasting pan; pierce several times with a fork. Combine brown sugar and mustard; spread over ham. Spread with peach preserves.
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 227 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Country Ham in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.