Corn N Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add black beans and corn. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beans and corn in a large microwave-safe dish. Add the refried beans, cucumber, salsa, onions and cilantro. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup down the center of each tortilla. Fold ends and sides over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 305 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat.
Feb 1, 2014
This is one of my favorite summer recipes and I have made it several times. It is a wonderful combination of flavors and I make it just as the recipe is written. The filling keeps in the fridge for several days and I can enjoy these tasty burritos all week long. It does make quite a bit. You might be able to freeze the filling, but I've never tried because these are so good that my husband and I always finish them off in just a few days.
May 17, 2012
I've made this recipe several times. It is one of our favorites in the summertime. However, I use a larger size flavored tortilla - 12 inches or more. The Sun-dried tomato tortilla is especially good. And we prefer to use refried black beans. It makes a lot, but it keeps well. With just two of us at home, I fix the entire batch and we have 3-4 meals over the next 5-7 days. We can easily take to work since we have a microwave there. It is a meal in itself.
Apr 13, 2010
I had high hopes for this recipe, but it didn't quite satisfy me. I think it needs less cilantro; my husband thinks it needs more. The 3/4 cup filling recommended as a serving seems too much, but no matter what amount of filling, it doesn't stay in the wrap and ends up spilling out both ends. I'll likely make this recipe again because of all the nutritious stuff in it, and how easy they are to make, but it won't be a favorite.