Confetti Scrambled Egg Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the corn, green pepper, onion and pimientos in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, eggs, milk and salt; pour into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Stir in the tomato and green onion. Spoon about 2/3 cup into each pita half.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 17, 2010
Just made this for dinner for my hubby, me and my 8 and 4 yr old. Everybody loved it! I used a bag of mixed frozen green, red, & yellow peppers with onions instead of the pimentos, but pretty much followed the recipe the same way. I added a little cheddar cheese before serving, and served in a flour tortilla for me and hubby, bowls sprinkled with cheese for the kids. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.