Confetti Scrambled Egg Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the corn, green pepper, onion and pimientos in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt; pour into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Stir in the tomato and green onion. Spoon about 2/3 cup into each pita half.
Nutrition Facts1 pita half: 224 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 17, 2010
Just made this for dinner for my hubby, me and my 8 and 4 yr old. Everybody loved it! I used a bag of mixed frozen green, red, & yellow peppers with onions instead of the pimentos, but pretty much followed the recipe the same way. I added a little cheddar cheese before serving, and served in a flour tortilla for me and hubby, bowls sprinkled with cheese for the kids. Yum!