Confetti Scalloped Potatoes
The first time I tasted this casserole was at a church supper, and I immediately asked around to find out who made it. I asked the cook to share her recipe, and it has become one of my family's most-requested dishes. —Frances Anderson, Boise, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumbs, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in the potatoes, soup and milk. Add the cheese, green pepper, pimientos, pepper and 1/2 cup of crumbs.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Originally published as Confetti Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Mar 10, 2011
Our family has been making this recipe for years, it is a tradition every Christmas and Easter!
Mar 5, 2010
Easy and very tasty way to do potatoes. My family love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.