Confetti Scalloped Potatoes
The first time I tasted this casserole was at a church supper, and I immediately asked around to find out who made it. I asked the cook to share her recipe, and it has become one of my family's most-requested dishes. —Frances Anderson, Boise, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumbs, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in the potatoes, soup and milk. Add the cheese, green pepper, pimientos, pepper and 1/2 cup of crumbs.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Originally published as Confetti Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Mar 10, 2011
Our family has been making this recipe for years, it is a tradition every Christmas and Easter!
Mar 5, 2010
Easy and very tasty way to do potatoes. My family love it.