Confetti Scrambled Egg Pockets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the corn, green pepper, onion and pimientos in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt; pour into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Stir in the tomato and green onion. Spoon about 2/3 cup into each pita half. Serve with salsa if desired.
1 pita half: 224 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Sep 17, 2010
Just made this for dinner for my hubby, me and my 8 and 4 yr old. Everybody loved it! I used a bag of mixed frozen green, red, & yellow peppers with onions instead of the pimentos, but pretty much followed the recipe the same way. I added a little cheddar cheese before serving, and served in a flour tortilla for me and hubby, bowls sprinkled with cheese for the kids. Yum!