- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream in a can, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon Pumpkin Pie
"My husband hates traditional pumpkin pie and I tried this recipe to see if my theory about why was correct. I'm not a huge fan of regular pumpkin pie either and I know it's because of the spices in it. After making this easy pie, I know my theory is true. This recipe is a keeper! I love that it's easy, doesn't take long to make and it doesn't have all the spices in regular pumpkin pie. Love this!"
"This is absolutely delicious"
"This tasted great and was simple to make! Very flavorful! I made it the day before and let it chill and firm. Perfect!"
"i made this and after that day in the fridge it was awesome. it just needs to firm up before you eat it. so make sure you put in the fridge first then puts lost of whipped cream on top yum! :)"
"Very sweet, I might try a different recipe and come back to this"