Chocolate-Topped Marshmallow Sticks
I like to use all sorts of different marshmallow shapes and flavors to mix things up. These chocolate-dunked pops are always a hit at local bake sales. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows (about 36)
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- Optional toppings: assorted nonpareils, colored sugars, small or crushed candies and flaked coconut
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth.
- Insert one lollipop stick into each marshmallow. Dip marshmallows in melted chocolate, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips with remaining shortening; drizzle over chocolate. Decorate with toppings if desired. Let stand until set.
- Use to stir servings of hot cocoa. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Chocolate Covered Marshmallows in Taste of Home December/January 2013