Chocolate-Dipped Phyllo Sticks
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 ounce white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut phyllo lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into five rectangles (4-1/2x2-3/4 in.). Tightly roll up rectangles jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Lightly coat sticks with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each phyllo stick in chocolate; allow extra to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with white chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 phyllo stick: 42 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Sep 1, 2014
My family is thoroughly enjoying these. I used the phyllo sheets remaining after making a different recipe. It is easy to adjust the amounts of butter and cinnamon sugar for more or fewer phyllo sheets. I did not dip any in melted chocolate, although I may try it for a Christmas treat.I will add this recipe to my list of Christmas recipes.
May 9, 2012
I made these for my church after-service coffee hour - everyone LOVED them!
Dec 15, 2011
I made 12 dozen of these for a Christmas Cookie Exchange. They were very good!! Easy just time consuming. I did change it up a bit after a few dozen. Instead of sprinkling the sugar/cinnamon on top after rolled, I put it on the second sheet then rolled them. They had a much better flavor!!!!
Feb 6, 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.