I love the combination of chocolate and peppermint, especially at Christmastime. It's just not Christmas at our house without these cookies in the tins!—Heather McKillip, Aurora, Illinois
Recommended: Top 10 Peppermint Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Candy cane kisses, unwrapped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Freeze kisses in a covered container for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate and peppermint chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are set. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peppermint Kisses in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016