Chocolate Pecan Skillet Cookie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 12-in. cast-iron skillet, heat butter in oven as it preheats. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together sugar and brown sugar. When butter is almost melted, remove skillet from oven and swirl butter until completely melted. Stir butter into sugar mixture; set skillet aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread mixture into buttered skillet.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and top is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 528 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 30, 2018
I made this skillet cookie this past weekend to rave reviews by all my family. Instead of pecans, I added a cup of dried cherries and it was fantastic! I served it with ice cream and it was one of the best desserts we've had this summer.
Feb 5, 2018
The end result of this was very good, but I had to nearly double the baking time. I used the 10” cast iron skillet and baked 38 mins. It was completely raw in the center. Perhaps a 12” skillet would yield a better result. I returned it to the oven and baked a total of 73 mins and it was crispy on the edges and chewy in the center. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.