Chocolate Pecan Skillet Cookie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 12-in. cast-iron skillet, heat butter in oven as it preheats. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together sugar and brown sugar. When butter is almost melted, remove skillet from oven and swirl butter until completely melted. Stir butter into sugar mixture; set skillet aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread mixture into buttered skillet.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and top is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 528 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 30, 2018
I made this skillet cookie this past weekend to rave reviews by all my family. Instead of pecans, I added a cup of dried cherries and it was fantastic! I served it with ice cream and it was one of the best desserts we've had this summer.
Feb 5, 2018
The end result of this was very good, but I had to nearly double the baking time. I used the 10” cast iron skillet and baked 38 mins. It was completely raw in the center. Perhaps a 12” skillet would yield a better result. I returned it to the oven and baked a total of 73 mins and it was crispy on the edges and chewy in the center. Yum!