Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 93 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 14, 2017
Very good. Will probably use more cinnamon next time, as I love the combination of chocolate and cinnamon.
Apr 29, 2016
I had everything but the chips so I had to go without and they are delicious. I followed the recipe except added a teaspoon of almond extract and used pecans and walnuts. Yum..love these. Thank you.
Jan 17, 2016
Excellent double chocolate cookie! It has the perfect combination of crunchy outside and chewy inside. As recommended I doubled the cinnamon. I also wanted to mention that my first batch did not spread out very much while baking which is probably why another reviewer said they were crumbly. On the remaining batches I rolled the tablespoon of dough into balls, placed on the cookie sheet and pressed down to slightly flatten the dough before baking. These needed to bake the full 12 minutes. They turned out perfectly...very delicious!
Mar 19, 2015
I just baked these cookies and they are the best chocolate cookie I have ever tasted. I used 1/2tsp. of cinnamon and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I sprinkled the tops of the cookies with coarse sugar before baking and they are fantastic. I got 7 dozen cookies from this recipe.
Feb 3, 2015
This was great! I love a crunchy cookie and I wasn't disappointed!
Jul 7, 2010
Wonderful recipe. I halved it and it made 2 dozen good size cookies. Left them in 12 minutes. Easy, fast and delicious. A keeper.
Mar 5, 2010
This cookie is one of my favorites. It is fairly easy to make. I really recommend using Penzy's cinnamon for this and even doubling the amount of cinnamon that the recipe calls for. It adds a nice kick and the flavor really comes out. This cookie is also a hit amongst my coworkers as well.