Double Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 9 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups chocolate sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Place the oats in a blender; cover and process until finely ground. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and sprinkles.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 330 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 22, 2012
This recipe is so great! I have made this recipe using the full ingredient amounts as listed in the recipe, and also I have made this recipe halving the ingredients because it does make a lot of cookies. Either way they always turn out wonderful. I can honestly say this recipe has been taste tested by my family, and they are fantastic. I made a batch to bring to a bake sale yesterday-they sold fast. This recipe is definitely a keeper--the cookies turn out fantastic, and they actually look like a cookie you can proudly bring to a bake sale. Five stars!