Double Chocolate Chipotle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and chipotle pepper. Combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cayenne; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped candy. Chill until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool 4 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 3, 2014
Made per recipe--excellent!
Jun 15, 2013
A chocolatey cookie with a slightly savory aftertaste!
Oct 14, 2012
Fantastic! I didn't have any chipotle, that's why, instead of it I added cayenne pepper. In total, it was about 3 teaspoons. It might seem a bit too spicy, but it was all right! Everybody loved them, even those, who don't eat spicy food)