Double Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corns syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Additional peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat in corn syrup and milk. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices; place half of the slices 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter. Top with remaining slices; seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 295 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 28, 2014
my mother had the 1966 better homes and gardens cook book of which i used many times in my childhood. as a child i made these cookies many, many times. my brother would pass through the kitchen many times while i was baking these and grab some. so i would have to make a triple batch if there was to be any for anyone else.
Dec 2, 2012
A traditional peanut butter cookie with an added touch of peanut butter--VERY good, especially if you're a peanut butter lover like me !!
Sep 14, 2012
This recipe is a reprint from a 1966 better homes and gardens cook book which I own. This cookie really tastes like peanut butter. I have found that you probably should reduce the salt amount unless you are using organic pb, or pb you make yourself. The pb from the store has too much salt
May 31, 2010
these delicate peanut butter filled cookies are amazing! love the filling...definately would make again.