Double-Dutch Chocolate Holiday Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, cocoa, sugar, brown sugar, M&M's and baking chips. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 month. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add contents of jar and beat just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 163 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 14, 2015
I thought the recipe in a jar idea was great for a gift, so I'm making this for my coworkers for the holidays. Of course, I had to test the recipe first and these cookies are delicious! I can't wait to make them again for my family. The only thing I changed was I melted the butter instead of just letting it soften so that it would mix together more easily.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.