Rich Hot Fudge Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- Place butter and cream in a heavy saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add sugars; cook and stir until dissolved, 3-4 minutes.
- Add cocoa, corn syrup and salt; cook and stir until blended, about 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate until melted. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until mixture reaches desired thickness, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 166 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2016
Love it. I didn't have any heavy cream so I just used equal amount of evaporated milk. It turned out wonderful. I also used 3 oz milk chocolate chips and didn't add the rum. Wisked the while time and was done in like 10 min total.
Dec 29, 2013
Amazing! Rich, thick and smooth.
May 27, 2013
Made this for work and everybody loved it! Said best sauce they ever tried!
May 27, 2013
Made this for work and everybody loved it!
Jul 8, 2012
OMG, this was excellent. Did not have any rum extract so substituted raspberry extract. My daughter is throwing a party later this summer and says I have to make a batch of this sauce for that.
Oct 19, 2011
This hot fudge sauce is the deepest, richest, most chocolatey sauce ever. Great on banana splits or plain vanilla ice cream.
Jul 21, 2011
This is absolutely, without any doubt, the best hot fudge recipe I have ever tasted in my life. DO NOT search for another recipe. I make practically everything from scratch, including fudge and I have tried many hot chocolate sauce recipes before and none come close to even matching this. The texture is amazing, just thick enough to slightly harden on ice cream, yet still stays very fudgy. Not runny or thin at all, stays nice on top of the ice cream, and the flavor is to die for! So rich, fudgy and totally out of this world. It is not grainy at all. Just perfect the way it is. The only thing I did different is omit the rum extract. Im sure it would be just as stunning with it in it. Perfectly WONDERFUL!
May 14, 2010
I make this chocolate sauce for every birthday party & it's always a hit!