Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
MakesAbout 3-1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Add the sugar, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over ice cream or pound cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 127 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2013
This is the ONLY hot fudge sauce that I put on my ice cream. I make two batches and store one in the freezer.
Nov 27, 2010
So easy to make and tastes like old fashioned chocolate sauce. Nothing goes better with vanilla ice cream! YUMMY.
May 19, 2010
This will definitely be the "go-to" recipe for Chocolate Sauce. Doesn't get any easier than this
Nov 16, 2009
It tastes great and is really easy to make! :)
Oct 11, 2009
Best ever chocolate sauce. Deep, dark chocolate flavor! Outstanding. I've actually had people pay me to make this for them...I'm sure glad they don't know how easy it is to make!