Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
Makes3 pounds (117 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 25 large marshmallows
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Decorating icing and sprinkles, optional
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add all chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan; cool for 1 hour.
- Score into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours or until firm. Using foil, lift out fudge. Remove foil; cut fudge. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Decorate as desired.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 79 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 1, 2017
This recipe is a variation of the Fantasy Fudge Recipe (only more complicated) that you can find on the jet-puff marshmallow creme jar. It is what is called a no fail recipe. I am pretty sure that the actual Mackinac Fudge is not made with marshmallows since they creme it on marble. Also, instead of milk you could use half & half for a richer fudge.
Dec 27, 2016
Amazing!! I sprinkled turbinado sugar on top for decoration and texture. The recipe was fairly easy, but you have to have everything ready and move fast because once the chocolate goes in it starts coming together immediately. Everyone at my Christmas party raved about it.
Dec 14, 2016
I have this exact recipe. Mine is called "Fannie Mae Fudge" lol. It is a very good recipe and does make a lot! My recipe calls for a jelly roll pan. 15" x 10" x 1". It makes perfect size pieces when cut.
Apr 30, 2015
So easy and yummy too.
Mar 19, 2015
The best fudge ever!
Feb 24, 2015
This is THE best recipe for fudge I have ever made. I followed the directions exactly and it came out perfectly smooth and delicious. Be warned, though, it is addicting.
Dec 24, 2014
Even though not exactly Mackinac fudge - close enough to make me happy. Grew up vacationing there my entire childhood. Live far away now - was nice to share a taste and some memories with my adult children. The platter was gone in less than 24 hours. Glad I tucked some away for Christmas day :-)
Dec 20, 2014
My first time making fudge - GREAT recipe! This is a no-brainer if you follow the instructions
Dec 17, 2014
Use a recipe that indicates the temperature needed during cooking, before adding marshmallows. Evidently mine was too hot when I added the chocolate because the chocolate broke and the fudge was ruined.
Dec 14, 2014
it is truly Mackinac fudge! I used dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet - It is awesome!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.