Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, bananas and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
I love quick breads and thought this one looked delicious. Even though I cooked it according to instructions and tested it the bread was not cooked in the middle. This wasn't my families favorite and I wouldn't make it again for that reason.
Aug 16, 2017
I love to make quick breads and this is one of my family's favorites. It is a very moist bread and very tasty.
Jan 23, 2017
Made exactly as directed except used chopped almonds instead of pecans because I had almonds available. . My husband and I are not fans of chocolate chips in bread although my son and daughter-in-law did. Overall a good bread but probably won't make again unless it's requested,
Sep 30, 2015
Very good bread, my whole family loves it.
Mar 3, 2014
Delicious bread. I made this as directed for the most part. Used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown. I used 2 bananas that were in the freezer and added just a little bit of Almond extract. It took over an hour to bake it but totally worth the wait, very good. Even Hubby liked it and he never eats quick bread.
Jan 5, 2010
Sooooo GOOD!! Make this for a great treat! I will put this in my to make often file.
Aug 29, 2009
wonderful. wonderful.ater folding all ingred. in I let it sit for 10 min. before putting into 2 loaf pans. Bake as directed.It came out great. I made this last yr,but forget its name. I won't forget now. Thanks.