Chive Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream and chives. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 407 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 15, 2015
This soup was amazing! I love mushrooms, my family does not so this is the perfect proportion for just one person for two separate meals. Made it exactly as the recipe called for and plan to make it again. So glad I don't have to share. :)
Jan 8, 2008
I love this soup, but to make it a little more substantial, I gradually add mashed potato flakes at the end of the cooking process until the soup is as thick as I like it.