- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the cream and chives. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChive Mushroom Soup
"This soup was amazing! I love mushrooms, my family does not so this is the perfect proportion for just one person for two separate meals. Made it exactly as the recipe called for and plan to make it again. So glad I don't have to share. :)"