- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne (without beans)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 package (2 pounds) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Prepared taquitos, tortilla chips or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage with onion, jalapenos and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in chili, soup, tomatoes, pimientos and cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours, stirring halfway through cooking. Serve warm with taquitos or chips. Yield: 40 servings (1/4 cup each).
Reviews forChili Queso Dip
"I am a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home magazine as is Joan Hallford who submitted this recipe. I always know that I am going to enjoy Joan's recipes - she has submitted so many great ones over the years which have become regulars in our menu rotation. I've been making a similar dish for about 40 years also, Joan! I usually use all sausage instead of the ground beef and sausage combination. I decided to give this combination a try, and must say, it was a winner! I followed the recipe to a T EXCEPT that i used regular cream of mushroom soup and omitted the pimentos because I didn't have them on hand. This was delicious. I served it with tortilla chips and scoops. YUMMY!!!Lynne, Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home"