- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for about 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine preserves and mustard; spoon over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and keep warm. Add vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third, stirring occasionally. Stir in blueberries. Serve over chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Blueberry Sauce
"Have made this numerous times!!!! Excellent! Great for company or just for family."