"This is one of my best recipes," reports Thomas Jewell Sr. of Avenel, New Jersey. "Blueberries are mixed with apricot jam and mustard to create a sweet tangy sauce for tender chicken," he says. —Thomas Jewell Sr., Avenel, New Jersey
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for about 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine preserves and mustard; spoon over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and keep warm. Add vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third, stirring occasionally. Stir in blueberries. Serve over chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Blueberry Sauce in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p50
Reviews forChicken with Blueberry Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2013
"Have made this numerous times!!!! Excellent! Great for company or just for family."