Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; remove and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a 3-qt. baking dish; arrange chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 580 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 1277mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 11g fiber), 50g protein.
Jun 25, 2017
This recipe is delightfully tasty.
Sep 4, 2015
Super simple, elegant enough for a dinner party and super tasty! A wonderful, wonderful dish. I wouldn't change a thing. A keeper
Sep 21, 2014
Love it and so does my family! I use chicken tenders, though, cooking them completely in th first step. That lets me reduce baking time to about half (30 minutes).
Sep 22, 2011
Very bland. If I do make this again, I would add more seasonings and garlic