Beef Stew Provencal
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 jar (7 ounces) julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds), cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes or egg noodles
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the beef, flour, salt and pepper; toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil in batches. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups beef mixture (calculated without potatoes): 588 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 5g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2016
Lovely flavour. Didn't add sun-dried tomatoes, as don't like them. Whole family enjoyed this. Thanks for a great recipe. Would make this again.
Mar 23, 2016
This is an excellent and simple recipe. My family and I loved it. Reminescet of a Swiss Steak recipe I used to make in my pressure cooker back in the '60s.