Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in zucchini, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
I have made this several times. I always love it. I made an adjustment by adding my favorite marinara sauce instead of tomatoes. I also added Italian sausage. This tastes so good and I don't feel guilty for eating a whole pot. There are several vegetable stands in my area and zucchini is always abundant and inexpensive. I will make it several more times to come, great recipe!
Jul 11, 2012
I didnt get to make this yet, I have a huge vegetable garden an I have always baked with zucchini this looks an sounds soo tasty
Aug 14, 2011
I always want to cook with Zucchini but didn't have any recipes. So when I bought some zucchini at the farmer's market, I knew I needed a recipe and found this one. I added more peppers and used sweet instead of green ones and when it was done cooking, I put about 1 cup of mozzarella on top instead of parmesan. Excellent and will make again!