Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in zucchini, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 3, 2018
Before this recipe, I thought that zucchini was a bland and tasteless veggie...after this recipe, I am in love with zucchini. I make changes sometimes by adding hot Italian sausage or spiral pasta and it still tastes amazing and I don't feel guilty eating a whole pot by myself!
Jul 11, 2012
I didnt get to make this yet, I have a huge vegetable garden an I have always baked with zucchini this looks an sounds soo tasty
Aug 14, 2011
I always want to cook with Zucchini but didn't have any recipes. So when I bought some zucchini at the farmer's market, I knew I needed a recipe and found this one. I added more peppers and used sweet instead of green ones and when it was done cooking, I put about 1 cup of mozzarella on top instead of parmesan. Excellent and will make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.