Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in zucchini, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Mar 10, 2019
I have made this several times. I always love it. I made an adjustment by adding my favorite marinara sauce instead of tomatoes. I also added Italian sausage. This tastes so good and I don't feel guilty for eating a whole pot. There are several vegetable stands in my area and zucchini is always abundant and inexpensive. I will make it several more times to come, great recipe!
Jul 11, 2012
I didnt get to make this yet, I have a huge vegetable garden an I have always baked with zucchini this looks an sounds soo tasty
Aug 14, 2011
I always want to cook with Zucchini but didn't have any recipes. So when I bought some zucchini at the farmer's market, I knew I needed a recipe and found this one. I added more peppers and used sweet instead of green ones and when it was done cooking, I put about 1 cup of mozzarella on top instead of parmesan. Excellent and will make again!