Everyone needs a go-to nacho recipe. Change this chicken version by using leftover shredded pork or brisket, and barbecue sauce instead of salsa. —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Featured In: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups nacho tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Arrange tortilla chips on a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken and taco seasoning. Stir in salsa; heat through. Spoon over chips; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato and green onions; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Nachos in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p48
Reviews forChicken Nachos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2017
"I made these for supper tonight and they were so good! I added some cheese sauce and sliced olives! Took it over the top!"
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2012
" quick and delicious"