- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, apple, celery, mayonnaise, walnuts, ginger and remaining lemon juice. Stir in avocado. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forChicken Avocado Salad
"Day one this was ok, too fruity however and day 2 it was just plain yucky"
"Added raisins instead of grapes - LOVED IT!"
"This was refreshing and delicious. Makes for a light lunch. I used pecans instead of walnuts."
"Wonderful recipe with all my favorite flavors! Thanks for sharing!"
"I love this recipe.. It's light and tasty and healthy. I use cranberrs instead of grapes."
"Has anyone tried this without the avocado? We are not big fans but the rest of the recipe sounds very good...should I substitute something for the avocado or is it just as good without it?"
"You can lighten up on the ginger a little, and add glazed pecans instead of walnuts, and trader joe's has orange-cranberry raisins that would be awesome on this. Also a little dijon mustard or a pinch of horseradish could be used. You could sprinkle with finely crushed flavored potato chips of your flavor preference just before serving, too!"
"Very refreshing! Served it on a bed of field greens. Liked the crunch of the celery and walnuts with the sweet taste of the grapes. Definitly put in recipe box for one that I will make again. Make sure your avocado is firm to the touch as to not turn into mush when you toss the ingredients."