Chia Seed Protein Bites
I keep these little bites on hand in my refrigerator and grab them for breakfast or to snack on when I'm in a hurry. We have a lot of food allergies in our family and I like to keep healthy snacks around that everyone can eat. This recipe has no gluten, eggs, dairy or corn, so it's the perfect go-to treat in our house. —Tanja Miller, Peoria, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter or creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Additional unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in additional coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 72 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chia Seed Protein Bites in Taste of Home February/March 2019