Key Lime Bites
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + standing
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime juice and zest. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Dip cookies in icing; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2019
These were absolutely horrible. Fell apart at the slightest touch and tastes like a ball of flour. First Taste of Home recipe that was completely inedible. There must be some ingredient(s) missing from this recipe.
Aug 25, 2019
Good flavor, not too sweet but very crumbly and kind of fell apart. I think they need some kind of binder
Jul 10, 2019
can these cookies be frozen and served later???
Dec 15, 2012
These cookies are always a hit but I bake them at 375 for 10 mins so they don't brown on the bottom as fast.
Dec 10, 2011
Are these suppose to have a soft center or be crunchy little bites. Baked for the stated time and they didn't seem done unless that's the way they are suppose to be -moist centers. ?
Sep 21, 2011
These little cookies are small little bites of a thousand hugs! TO GOOD. A must .
Mar 18, 2011
My husband loved these and is on a diet and told me I cannot make them again until he is off because he couldn't resist them! I found them to be sticky, but that is because I don't have a wire rack to drain them on. Would most definitely make again.