Key Lime Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 30 vanilla wafers, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- KEY LIME LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine flour, wafers, confectioners' sugar and pecans; cover and process until nuts are fine. Add butter; cover and pulse until crumbly.
- Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until blended; spread over crust to edges of pan. In another small bowl, combine sugar and flour; whisk in eggs and lime juice. Gently pour over cream cheese layer.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. Cut into bars. Just before serving, sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 153 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2015
Apr 24, 2015
Mar 10, 2013
I made this for church dinner. It was a hit with those who like tart favors.
Mar 5, 2013
I love this recipe and have made it over and over. I process the pecans in my small processor seprately and my waffers in my large processer, then blend everything together and then add the butter cut in small bits. I press it down very hard using a spatula into the pan. Makes the house smell delightful while cooking. I use store-bought key lime juice in a bottle. Thank you Kristine.
Feb 23, 2013
This was good, but very tart. Would not use key limes - too much work. May try again with regular limes.
Dec 14, 2012
Simple to make. Taste delicious. Everybody loves them. Great plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I like the crust much better than graham cracker crust. I substitute it in all my recipes that call for a graham cracker crust.
Feb 25, 2012
We all loved these bars and this was without even putting the confectioners sugar on top! I couldn't find key lime juice at the store so I just used lime juice. The crust was a bit too thick but it tastes so great that we didn't mind at all!
Feb 7, 2012
Wonderful, will be making again.
Feb 2, 2012
Absolutely wonderful! I did use a different crust recipe but only b/c I didn't have vanilla wafers on hand. None of us could quit eating these refreshing bars.
Feb 2, 2012
SO WONDERFUL!! Made this receipe spur of the moment & none of us could quit eating. Definitely added to my keepers list.