Banana Beignet Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, whisk the first five beignet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, milk and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 45-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm beignets in sugar mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 beignet: 72 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 14, 2019
I can these me May to the point that they're ready to be deep fat fried and then Frozen.? Thawed And then deep-fried
Apr 16, 2018
Great recipe! I followed the recipe exactly, but would like to try buttermilk next time. Mine turned out a little darker than the recipe pictures, but I made mine bigger and had to cook longer in order to cook through. I used a oil/candy thermometer and my cook temp varied between 355 - 365
Mar 24, 2017
My family really enjoyed these! So easy to make & very moist & creamy. I didn't have cake flour, so I just used all-purpose & they turned out great.
Jul 31, 2016
These are very good! I made my own cake flour, with all purpose flour and cornstarch.
Jan 23, 2016
Easy and delicious. They didn't last long around the house! My one suggestion, take the oil temperature as more of a suggestion, if making in a stove top frying pan. We had the heat too high (but under the suggestion) and burned the first one almost instantly. Other than that, great recipe!
Oct 29, 2015
These were amazing..I added a little nutmeg to the flour. My boyfriend loved these so much, he asked me to make them weekly...I love them!!!!
Oct 28, 2015
I love the recipe! I did not fry them. I use a sandwich maker. It takes a little longer,but less oil. I sprayed it with butter spray when needed. Kids loved it! Thanks
Feb 15, 2015
I made these this morning and they are delicious - my family loved them! I didn't feel the need to add vanilla; the bananas were a great flavor by themselves. I did find that I needed to fry the beignets about one minute on each side to be sure they were done in the middle. An excellent recipe, and especially perfect for the Mardi Gras time of year! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 13, 2015
So easy to make. We used a small cookie scoop to scoop out the batter!
Nov 6, 2014
My family enjoyed these beignets! The flavoring to them is very good.