Lemon Chia Seed Parfaits
These bright and tangy parfaits start the day on a healthy note, but they're also sweet enough to double as dessert. —Crystal Schlueter, Babbitt, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine the first six ingredients. Layer half of the yogurt mixture into four small parfait glasses or custard cups. Top with half of the berries. Repeat layers.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 214 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Originally published as Lemon Chia Seed Parfaits in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.