Lemon Curd Chiffon Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 9 whole graham crackers, broken into large pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (11 ounces) lemon curd
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur
- Place the graham crackers, pecans, sugar, vanilla and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the butter; process until blended.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the lemon curd, cream cheese and lemon zest until blended; set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in limoncello. Gradually beat into lemon curd mixture until well blended. Fold in whipped cream; pour into the crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries, sugar and jam. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until fruit is softened. In a blender, cover and process berry mixture for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Strain, reserving juice. Discard seeds.
- Return juice to the saucepan; cook for 15-18 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and raspberry liqueur. Chill for 1 hour. Garnish servings with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce : 684 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 28, 2014
It sounds delicious to me! I really love lemoncurd and limoncello, so this pie recipe brings out all the things i love. I hàve to make this one! It really sounds great to me! I've searched a long time for a recipe like this and finally i found it here! Thank you very, very much! :-)