Lemon Ricotta Fritters
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- Honey or strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, sugar and extract. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- In a deep cast-iron skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, several at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with honey or jam.
Nutrition Facts1 fritter: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 10, 2020
These are a delicious treat with coffee and I add a pinch of nutmeg and after drizzle with a titch of honey and powdered sugar!! Fabulous!!!
Feb 19, 2020
These fritters were very easy to make and turned out light and not greasy, they are just right for a different kind of dessert! Next time will try with honey.