Our party guests flock to this holiday gem of an appetizer - cherry-studded cream cheese served with graham or water crackers and pears. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Graham crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and ginger until smooth. Fold in cherries. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Shape cheese mixture into two 7-in.-long logs; roll in pecans to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 logs (1-3/4 cups each).
Originally published as Cherry Cheese Logs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p86