Cherry Angel Delight
These tempting angel food treats fly from start to finish.—Ida Wing, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut or tear cake into 1/2-in. pieces to measure 8 cups. Place half the cake cubes in a 9-in. square dish. Set aside 1/3 cup of pie filling; spread remaining filling over cake. Top with remaining cake cubes.
- Combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Spoon over cake. Cover and chill. To serve, cut into squares and top with reserved cherries.
Originally published as Cherry Angel Delight in Country Woman March/April 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.