Heavenly Cherry Angel Food Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups angel food cake cubes
- 1/4 cup cherry liqueur, optional
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry filling or topping
- Place cake cubes in large bowl. Sprinkle with liqueur if desired; let stand 30 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cream cheese; beat until blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons whipped topping; fold remaining topping into cheese mixture. Stir topping mixture and pecans into cake cubes; mix well. Spoon cake mixture into a pretty glass or crystal bowl. Spread cherry filling evenly over top. Or, if desired, layer one-half cake mixture and cherry filling; repeat layers.) Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish servings with reserved topping.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 306 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2018
I get so many compliments when I make this. I make mine in a 9x13 pan with a whole angle food cake torn into pieces and I leave out the liqueur.
Dec 23, 2012
A co-worker made this for a dessert at our work. I was a HIT!!!!