This recipe cleverly dresses up frozen puff pastry and a no-bake cheesecake mix. Guests will be delighted to be offered their own individual tarts! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (11.1 ounces) no-bake cheesecake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Unfold pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut into eight 4-in. circles. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Prepare cheesecake filling according to package directions; set aside. (Save packet of crust crumbs for another use.)
- In a large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat; stir in cinnamon. Add half of the apples; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Repeat with remaining apples. Drain cooking juices, reserving 1/3 cup in the skillet; discard remaining juices. Add cream to skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Split each pastry in half horizontally. Top each with 2 heaping tablespoons of cheesecake filling. Top with apple slices and drizzle with caramel sauce. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Caramelized Apple Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p28