Caramel Cashew Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 18 caramels
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the caramels, butter and milk over low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and vanilla; stir into caramel mixture. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into caramel mixture until blended. Fold in cashews.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2018
I found this recipe searching for one to use up some cashews. Yummy blonde brownie! If you like a sweet/salty dessert - this is it. Sweet and chewy caramels, and crunchy cashews - a great combo.
Dec 5, 2010
I made these for a get together and everyone wanted the recipe. They are a nice change from ordinary brownies.