Your fresh catch will taste even better with this simple treatment that keeps the fish moist. Carrots are an excellent accompaniment; cook up in a separate foil packet. —Wendy McGowan, Fontana, California
Recommended: Your August Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 pan-dressed trout (1 pound each)
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges
- Cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp; drain. Place each trout on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20x18-in.). Place lemon and onion in the trout cavities; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap trout with bacon. Fold foil around trout and seal tightly.
- Place carrots on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20x18-in.); sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Fold foil around carrots and seal tightly.
- Grill carrots, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add trout packets to grill; cook 20-25 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and carrots are tender. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Trout Dinner for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews forCampfire Trout Dinner for Two
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review