Seafood-Stuffed Rainbow Trout
This is a special way to serve fresh rainbow trout, stuffed with a mixture of scallops, shrimp, rice, bacon and vegetables. But don’t wait for a special occasion to serve it—it’s easy to put together and put in the oven.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pan-dressed trout (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 15 frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 sea scallops, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter and the lemon juice; drizzle over trout cavities. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the rice, bacon, onion, red pepper, shrimp and scallops in oil for 5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Spoon into fish cavities. Arrange lemon slices on top of fish.
- Brush remaining butter over a sheet of heavy-duty foil; wrap fish in foil and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.