Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, heated to lukewarm
- Chopped nuts for garnish
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dissolve yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar in milk; set aside. Combine flour, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the egg yolks into the cream; add to the flour mixture along with the yeast mixture. Blend well and form into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down; place on a lightly floured surface and divide into six balls. Using hands, roll each ball into a 24-in. rope. On a greased baking sheet, twist two ropes together, then shape into a 6- to 8-in. ring. Pinch ends together and sprinkle with nuts. Repeat with remaining two rings. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Place on wire racks. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm rings.
1 slice: 79 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.