- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2-1/3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain or Italian Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Saute garlic and broccoli until garlic is soft, about 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup chicken broth, 3 tablespoons parsley, and salt and paper to taste. Simmer, uncovered, just until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a saucepan. Cook onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice and stir until rice is coated. Heat remaining broth and stir 2/3 cup into rice mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add remaining hot broth, 1/3 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook, uncovered, until rice is creamy and grains are tender. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, butter, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and reserved broccoli. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Risotto
"This risotto is fabulous. I used only 1/2 the oil called for, and added a little extra broccoli - this is a great way to use up part of a head of broccoli."
"This risotto was amazing! I opted for the wine rather than the broth...the flavor was amazing! This is sure to be a reoccuring dish in my home, and is nice enough to serve for company."