This strata recipe is an excellent easy-to-prepare brunch or lunch for two. I enjoy it so much, I often make it for myself and reheat the extra portion in the microwave. —Mina Dyck, Boissevain, Manitoba
Recommended: 13x9 Brunch Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- In a small microwave-safe dish, microwave broccoli and onions in water on high for 1 minute; drain and set aside. Place bread in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add broccoli mixture and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, dill, nutmeg and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Strata in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p37
Reviews forBroccoli Cheese Strata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2008
"When I made this I was a little worried since I did not make it in the correct baking size dish. But it turned out really good."