Brandied Apricot Tart
Canned apricots make this golden, buttery tart a wonderful option any time of year. I brush them with preserves and brandy, then sprinkle on almonds for a bit of crunch. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each ) apricot halves, drained and halved
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and brandy; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Brush 2 tablespoons over crust. Arrange apricots over crust and brush with preserve mixture.
- Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 468 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Brandied Apricot Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.