Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes and parsley.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 10, 2016
While these muffins were totally edible, they lacked pizazz - not much flavor. I will not be making them again.
Nov 16, 2011
These were great! Super moist and full of flavor!
Oct 18, 2009
Great muffins!! Would add grated cheddar cheese on top to kick them up a notch, didn't get mant 5 oz size out of a batch and would double recipe next time I make them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.