BLT with Peppered Balsamic Mayo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and salt. Spread half of the mixture over four toast slices. Layer with bacon, salad greens, tomatoes and avocado. Spread remaining mayonnaise over remaining toast; place over top.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 501 calories, 37g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2018
Such a simple twist on a basic recipe that makes it oh so special. Yum!
Nov 30, 2017
Yummy!!! Love BLTs... the balsamic mayo added a nice twist, as did the avacado. Will definitely make again.
Jul 26, 2015
This combination was amazing! Bacon is my absolute favorite and the dressing just makes this sandwich pop! The combination of vegetables is perfect.
Jan 11, 2015
I made these with Morningstar Farms veggie bacon and they were a huge hit! Definitely a keeper.
Oct 27, 2013
This was so good. Even my daughter that hates everything loved this!!!
Jun 25, 2013
Loved this recipe! It was the first one that really caught my eye when I was looking through my magazine. The peppered balsamic mayo is sooo good and I'm already thinking of other ways to use it... It was a very nice complement to a regular BLT along with the avocados which added a nice creaminess. These were a great light summer meal along with a bowl of gazpacho!
May 11, 2013
Good recipe. I really liked it and my husband LOVED it. Very simple to make and using light wheat, light mayo and center cut bacon cut a lot of the fat. Will make again!
May 8, 2013
Made these last night. Loved the mayo! Thanks!