BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes
Two favorites go together in this hearty dish: BLTs and twice-baked potatoes. I like to serve these potatoes with grilled steaks or barbecued chicken. —Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. In a small bowl, mash pulp with mayonnaise, adding cheese, bacon, tomatoes, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with lettuce.
Originally published as BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.